Integrated Care Board
NHS Gloucestershire Integrated Care Board (ICB) is a clinically led membership organisation (all 76 GP practices in Gloucestershire are members) responsible for commissioning (buying) local NHS services to meet the needs of local people. These services include emergency care services, operations or treatments that can be planned in advance, community services and mental health services.
ICB clinicians and managers at county and locality level are using their knowledge of patient care to look at how services are planned and how the patient’s journey through care can be improved.
The ICB is placing greater emphasis on prevention and self care and joining up services, community support and information across health and social care. The ICB is also developing alternatives to hospital care, including more care, treatment and support at home and in the local community. They have a Governing Body and seven GP locality executive groups.
To improve health and wellbeing through joined up care and communities.
- Meeting your needs with compassion and respect
- Acting with professionalism, fairness, honesty and openness
- Working positively with you for the best quality of life and safe, effective care
- Supporting healthy, active communities and joined up care through strong partnerships
- Being forward thinking and creative to transform care and to make best use of limited resources
For more information please visit the Gloucestershire ICB’s website at www.nhsglos.nhs.uk.