Clinics and Services
Please visit our Health Review and Assessment Clinic if you have been advised by the surgery to complete a health review or assessment.
An antenatal clinic with the community midwife is held at the surgery every Tuesday from 14:15.
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your asthma or COPD symptoms, please complete our online Asthma Review form or online COPD Assessment form. Service provided by the Practice Nurse.
By appointment with the practice nurse.
Including Warfarin, anti-rheumatic drugs and lithium. This service is provided by the health care assistant.
Appointments can be booked after a telephone consultation with the practice nurse.
If you are eligible and would like to receive a flu vaccination please telephone the surgery on 01594 510225. Patients eligible for flu vaccinations are as follows:
- All patients over 50 years of age
- Patients between 6 months and 64 years of age who are at risk i.e. those who have diabetes, COPD, asthma and heart disease
If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a review of your hypertension measurements, please complete our online Blood Pressure Review form.
By appointment with the midwife every Tuesday from 14:15.
NHS Health Check
This includes a blood test with the health care assistant and a 20 minute appointment with the practice nurse a week later.
Please fill in our online Travel Risk Assessment form prior to an appointment with the practice nurse.
It is important to book this consultation as early as possible – at least 4/6 weeks before you travel – as these vaccines have to be ordered as they are not a stock vaccine and you will need to receive them 2 weeks before you travel to allow them to work.
Some travel vaccines are ordered on a private prescription and these incur a charge over and above the normal prescription charge. This is because not all travel vaccinations are included in the services provided by the NHS.
Well Woman Clinic
Including cervical smears, Depo-Provera (3 monthly contraceptive injection) and pill checks. This service is provided by the practice nurse.
- Coronary heart disease management
- Diabetes management
- Diagnostic ECGs – provided by the health care assistant
- Dietary advice – provided by the practice nurse
- Family planning – provided by the practice nurse
- INR Clinic – provided by the health care assistant
- Mental health – provided by the psychiatric nurse
- Osteopathy – provided by Liz Kendall
- Phlebotomy/blood-taking – provided by the health care assistant
- Ring pessaries
- Smoking cessation clinic
- Vaccinations and immunizations – provided by the practice nurse
- Well Man Clinic – provided by the practice nurse
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
We are pleased to be able to offer the following additional external services to our patients:
On Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons we are lucky enough to have Carol Fisher offering a range of pain and stress relieving treatments such as aromatherapy facials, Indian head Massages, Emmet Therapy and much more. Using gentle but effective therapy Carol is here to share time with, listen to and help people make positive changes for themselves on both a physical and mental level. Her treatments can help with lymphatic drainage, mobility, depression, sciatica and much more.